A very special guest today. It is a our great hoour and privilege to have Ms. Melissa Maria, Principal of GIIS SMART Campus, Punggol, Singapore.
Ms. Melissa has over 25 years of experience in the field of education and administration in first-rate schools in Mumbai, Oman and Singapore.
Listen to the full episode so as not to miss out on her insights into all matters scholastic. The main questions we address are :
- How to choose the right preschool?
- There are so many types of schools .. there is an embarrassment of riches. What are the differences between Indian International schools, International Schools and Local schools? What do Indian International schools offer apart from connecting children back to India?
- Education is expensive, especially in SG. Should I consider the first few years of education the formative years and plump for the best school I can afford? Or should I throw my resources at university?
- Between traditional Asian and western education there are great differences. Asian education system sets great store by academics and ranking, whereas western education focuses more on skills and interests. Is that a fair assessment? What is the future of education globally?
- Since you are mentioning working together as a team, I would like to know more about the school – teacher and the students working together .. how can they have better synergy?
- What values should a school impart to a child ?
- What can we parents do to help educate our children?
Support change: A little favour to ask-We believe true freedom is to be able to act without fear or favour and that identity is not a “brand” to be abused, politicized, or reduced for personal gain. As Global Indians, the need to work together is greater now than ever before. If we want to see real change, we need to create a better society for all, tackle injustice and plunge into the many aspects of what the human experience truly offers.The Global Indian Series has been built to be a platform of integrity, fairness and to remain fiercely independent of political influence. We are the first in the world to connect with every echelon of society with all human voices being treated equally. We are the first to have travelled physically to locations far and wide, often putting our own lives on the line to bring forward stories that deserve to be told. Whether it’s through our Podcast that delves into the human experience behind identity, our articles and features that cover key events we need to know, or live based events that tackle topical discussions, we have been there to support a better community and planet.Despite the high costs and time needed to maintain our work, we continue, because we know our work has helped more people understand what is happening within the communities across our planet, why it matters, and how, together, we can demand progress. We challenge head-on, the silent divisions that have crept into our collective consciousness and how to tackle key issues that often go neglected in mainstream media.How you can help:Please share our work: By collaborating with others who share our values, our combined voices make change, with many more becoming inspired to take meaningful action.Subscribe to the platform:Many from across our community have decided to subscribe to our platform. It helps us grow which in turns attracts like-minded supporters. If you have not already, we would appreciate you subscribing to our newsletters and following our social media accounts. It is free and supports our journey.