Chef Neeraj Tyagi is the Director of Culinary for Pullman & Novotel Aerocity New Delhi, handling an inventory of 670 rooms, 8 F&B outlets and one of the largest convention & banqueting facility in the city.
Prior to this, I was working as an EAM – Food & Beverage at the Shangri-la’s Eros Hotel, New Delhi which is centrally located in the heart of the capital, with 320 luxurious rooms and 6 F&B outlets. With over 18 years of rich experience, I was promoted as an EAM – F&B in 2018 after serving as an Executive Chef where I worked towards a successful opening and repositioning of new food and beverage offerings such as Tamra, all-day dining multi-cuisine restaurant, Chinese restaurant Shang Palace, Italian restaurant Sorrento, Exclusive Tea lounge Mister Chai & Grappa Bar. As an EAM, I was handling a brigade of 120 chefs and 137 talented F&B professionals, driving the overall F&B revenues, departmental profitability with a high guest satisfaction index.
I have also worked on an international assignment as an Executive Chef at The Kempinski, Jordan. I bring with me, an unparalleled knowledge of Mediterranean cuisine using the best quality of local, authentic and seasonal produce. I also possess a strong working knowledge of Indian and Asian cuisine. I am a hands-on leader who can effectively build and train multicultural teams while thriving in challenging environments.
In my exposure to the international market, I have also been associated with The Garibaldi, Singapore, Hulhulle Island Hotel, Maldives, Princi London, part of the opening of an Italian fine dining restaurant, Toto’s in London with Michelin star Chef Gennaro Vito and Shangri-La at the Shard, London.
I am passionate about gastronomy and have had the opportunity of having closely worked with world renowned chefs like David Fenstra of Molecular Gastronomy fame, Frans Dijksman, Dennis Out, Austrian Chef Markus Moser, Spanish Chef Jeorge Acereto and Chef Andreu Genestra.
A quick glimpse to the achievements that I adore the most along with being featured in cookery shows on National Television.
- Foodie Hotel by Mr. Vir Sanghvi, EazyDiner Awards 2019
- Food and Beverage Manager of the year, Hotelier India Awards 2018
- Shang Palace awarded as Best Chinese Restaurant, Times Food Awards 2018
- Shang Palace awarded as Best Chinese Restaurant, EazyDiner Awards 2017
- Best Executive chef of the year, BW Hotelier Awards 2017
- Runner up for Chef of the year award, Hotelier India Awards 2017
- Shang Palace awarded as Best Chinese Restaurant, Times Food Awards 2017
- Mister Chai awarded as Best Tea-Coffee Lounge and Bakery & Confectionary, Times Food Awards 2017
- Tamra awarded as Best World cuisine Restaurant, Times Food Awards 2017
- Tamra awarded as Best Multi cuisine Restaurant, Times Food Awards 2016
- Best Spanish Restaurant, Times Food Awards in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Sorrento awarded as Best European restaurant, EazyDiner Awards 2016
- One of the top 25 chefs in India, voted by Hotelier India, Culinary Czar 2014
- Most romantic restaurant, Zomato Users Choice recommendation 2012
- Finest European restaurant, Hindustan Times People’s Choice Awards 2010
- Best Continental Restaurant, Hindustan Times Crystals Awards 2009
- Golden Q Certification from Ospitalita Italiana – Best Italian
- Miele Asia’s Finest 2008/09
About our Global Indian Ambassadors
Our Global Indian Ambassadors are active leaders in social custodianship, representing the fields of politics, business, entertainment, academia, activism and beyond. They demonstrate integrity in their professions and serve as positive role models through their work.
Our Ambassadors have played a critical role in raising awareness of community building and have continued to use their talent and platform to advocate, educate and fundraise on behalf of the Global Indian Series for a range of activities, including philanthropy.
Our core ethos is to unite in the human experience of us and provide a safe mooring ground for open discussions. Together our Global Indian Ambassadors have proven that regardless of nationality, perceived status or religion, we can all be a powerful tool in mobilising the support needed in creating environments that thrive on passion, purpose and togetherness.
The role of our Ambassadors is to assist in spreading our work and to provide a bridge that connects economy, politics and society together and serve as a tool in enhancing a true sense of community for people of Indian origin and beyond.